Monday, July 23, 2012

183.6 - 58.6 pounds to go!

The scale finally had different numbers this week. Thank goodness! That was actually my weight from Saturday morning as I knew my sodium was going to be high Saturday night. But I was so excited to see those numbers that I snapped a picture.

Nothing otherwise exciting last week. I'm working on keeping my promise to my personal trainer. I was a bit disappointed when we spoke about the scale not moving and his only recommendation was to start eating a bit less, but as the husband said, that's the typical thought regarding weight loss. So I'll just silently agree to disagree and keep on my path. If the number don't seem to move, I'll think about dropping them lower, but I'm guessing it won't be a problem. If anything, looking back, I wasn't eating enough. I wasn't someone on a very low calorie diet, eating only 1200 calories per day and exercising like a mad woman. But, 1600 calories per day while exercising 5 days a week is low according to the calculators I've used. I ate my exercise calories back at least, so there is that. At the moment though, I'm playing around with the numbers. Part of me wanted to drop to 1800, just to push the weight loss a little faster, but the other part of me decided 1950 was a better option. I'll have to gauge it better once a few more weigh-ins are under my belt though.

In four more weigh-ins, I'll hit my one year mark. Well, my fudged one year mark I should say. I started weighing in around mid-July, but it wasn't until mid-August that I started watching what I ate and really "trying" to lose weight. So, I'm going with that date. I'm really far off of the number I had hoped to lose within a year, but I'm trying my hardest to focus on the positive. And I am sure after today's doctor visit, I'll feel a bit better. With all of the unwavering drama in my life that just won't seem to go away, it's hard to focus on the positives, but you can be sure I'll be celebrating the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment