Tuesday, May 29, 2012

186.8 - 61.8 pounds to go

I'm late in posting for last week, but my weight was the same last week and this week, so I'll roll it all into one post.

Apparently what I thought was a trend of plateauing on the scale for a couple weeks and then losing decently for 2-3 weeks was a myth. And these are the times when losing weight is the hardest. It's not hard to stay motivated and keep doing what I know is the right choice in the long-run, but it mentally breaks you to see the scale not moving. Even when you think you are prepared for it, and maybe even okay with it, you aren't.

I upped my calories from 1625 to 1800 last week. My line of thinking is that for the amount of activity I was doing (40 min walks M-Th, training on Friday), I was probably eating too little. The new calorie amount also lines up with the nutritionist's revised meal plan, so I don't feel like it will set me back.

Until I do measurements next week, I won't truly know if this is a plateau or not. However, if it was, then hopefully I broke it with all the days I was over on calories this week. It was husband's birthday last week, so we went to our fav place: a Japanese steakhouse. And against my better judgement, I ate it all, again. Then we splurged on popcorn, pop, and candy at the theater. (FYI: after not having pop in nine months, I can honestly say I do not miss it one little bit!) As if one day of being over wasn't enough, we also had a barbecue over the weekend to celebrate his birthday with family and friends. I did manage to eat in moderation, however, the cake and ice cream I made were too-die-for and clocked in at about 1,000 calories combined. And, uh, we ate the leftovers of everything Sunday and Monday as well. Don't judge me!

This coming Friday I meet with the nutritionist and sadly, if my weight stays the same throughout the week, I'll be reporting a 1 pound loss since I saw her a month ago. I'm thinking of doing measurements a couple days early to see if they have changed before I meet with her, but I'm still on the fence about it. In the event they are the same, it would probably be a good thing to know so that she can lift my spirits and give me some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment