Tuesday, March 27, 2012

192.4 - 67.4 pounds to go!

That weigh-in was a pleasant surprise! Maybe getting up and moving is the key point I need to remember if I want the scale to move more than a pound at a time. I made sure to walk every day on my lunch hour, doing my little stints of jogging. Then we met with our new trainer on Friday and did a workout then. All week I noticed I was much more hungry, which was a good sign! I continued jogging during my walk at work, but conquered my fear of running on the treadmill at the gym! So now that I know I can do it, I may give it a break for a bit as it drove my heart rate a bit too high.

I met with my doctor on Tuesday to have my blood pressure medication re-evaluated. I've been really bad at taking them and figured I should probably go see her rather than potentially hurting myself. The wonderful news was that I no longer need them! The nurse checked me initially and got a reading of 127/72. After talking with my doctor for a bit, she decided to take a reading as well and it had spiked to 148/76. So while the top number wasn't great, she said the bottom number was and I'm in no danger of stroking out or anything! That was such a wonderful, wonderful feeling. I used to dread the doctor's office so bad because it was always high. I think when I initially got put on them, I was about this weight, but I was around 150-160/110. But now, so long Ziac! I hope to not see you for a very, very long time, if ever again!

The new trainer feels like a great match, I'm just not sure how we'll be able to afford seeing him twice per week  (once for both of us) at $70 a session. Doing the math, that's more than my house payment per month! But he did seem to approach things a bit differently than our last trainer, which is good. He also seemed to be on the same page as me when it comes to nutrition. I laughed when he mentioned watching sodium levels on food because I already drive the husband crazy. But he had some good info, like using whole cooked chicken/turkey in place of lunch meat (which means we'll use chicken/turkey breasts otherwise we would waste it.) He also explained the whole "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" thing. Our bodies fast throughout the night since we're not eating, which means it is breaking down muscle to feed itself. Come morning, we need to feed our body to tell it "you're being fed now - stop breaking down muscle please!" He explained that it's also important to eat carbs at breakfast, as they are a source of energy and will digest more quickly than, say, protein (though there are slower burning carbs like oatmeal.) Kinda neat though, huh? I thought so.

Oh yeah! 7.4 pounds to go before I'm halfway home! It's all downhill from there, right?!



No comments:

Post a Comment